I just tested Lilina on my laptop which had a few programs running, just to get a fairly accurate time on the loading (my computer is bogged down).
The results were amazing:
- 3.12 seconds on the first go
- 1.07 seconds on reload
These times are incredible compared to old loading times of 10 seconds for one feed.
There are some important things to note however:
- HTMLPurifier uses a lot of CPU and memory resources
- As the author says: “Precisely why you need to cache HTMLPurifier’s output”
- However, Lilina does not cache HTMLPurifier’s output. This must be fixed
- Lilina isn’t finished yet, so the times may be inaccurate.
- Loading times are dependant on the speed of the server’s connection:
The faster the server, the less time needed to load
Now, once I get the OPML import up and running, I will be able to test for security flaws.